Cacao is your premier supplier when you want to buy chocolates online. We offer a range of selections that will satisfy individual, party, gift, and corporate needs. Based in Melbourne, Cacao offers same day delivery in Melbourne and Express Post delivery elsewhere. Our shipping and packaging standards protect the perishable products from melting or impairment.
Cacao is an industry leader and has won multiple awards from prestigious events like the Sydney and Melbourne Shows. Our talented chefs identify three reasons for Cacao’s success:
- Our exclusive use of fine Belgian chocolate.
- Sourcing the best quality ingredients from local and imported suppliers.
- A talented team who creates a bit of kitchen magic every single day.
The perennial favourites, loved by our customers, include our specially prepared creations like:
- Our own chocolate brand names like Black Pearl, Burnt Orange, and Valentine Heart.
- A wide range of macarons with delicious fillings.
- Crafted chocolates, éclairs, and French style pastries.
- Gift packages including chocolate in a wooden box, infused chocolate bars, and custom-selected hampers.
- Hot chocolate you can best try on-site while visiting our shop.
Chocolates for Every Special Occasion
Chocolates are special gifts for special events.
Cacao is your one-stop solution for any such occasion. Use our online ordering service and your chocolates will be delivered in the special packaging of polystyrene boxes combined with ice packs.
What events come to mind?
- A wedding or a birthday.
- A corporate gift to impress suppliers or customers.
- A special gift for her or him.
- A welcome or departing gift supplied as a customised mix chocolate box.
Our Top Gifts for Special Events
Please peruse this website and you will find your personal preference for a special event. To guide your selection, here are our most popular gift packages.
- Wooden gift box filled with your personal choice of chocolates.
- Macron selections including our Macaron Tower 80 piece.
- Signature hamper and champagne.
- Chocky Pops
- Special gift box for HIM or HER.
- Cacao dark chocolate bars.
- Crunchy praline and marshmallow selection.
The Full Cacao Range of Delicious Chocolates
Would you like more inspiration for your choice of chocolates? Peruse this website and you will find descriptions and images of our extensive range.
- Infused chocolate bars
- Chocolate in wooden boxes
- Chocolate mousse
- Marshmallow knots
- Pistachio and almond biscotti
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Rich dark chocolate dipping sauce
- Chocolate covered fruits
- Chocolate fountain
- Aromatic chocolate make-up bag
- Potato chips covered in Belgian chocolate
- Chocolate dipped Oreos filled with nuts
- Customised chocolate box mix
Join the Trend for Better Chocolate Products
Judging by industry reports, the Australian chocolate industry is in good shape.
According to IBISWorld, the Australian chocolate industry earns $A6 billion per year and grows at an annual rate of 2.2%.
The following trends affect the chocolate market in Australia:
- Consumers are looking for healthier products and for gourmet products.
- The proportion of Australians, over the age of 14, who consume chocolate rose from 65% to 59% between 2013 and 2015.
- Health awareness has limited revenue growth in the confectionery segment.
Your Instant Guide to Chocolate
Chocolate comes from the cacao bean, harvested from native trees in Central and South America, and in Africa.
Manufacturers process the cacao beans into equal parts of cocoa butter and cocoa solids. From here, various manufacturing processes produce what is called “dark chocolate” which, when it contains 70% or more cocoa, has significant health benefits.
Different commercial processes produce confectionery and candy. They add ingredients other than cocoa which often contains quantities of sugar.
This chocolate has a higher percentage of cocoa solids, which accounts for its dark colour and stronger taste. Depending on the level of cocoa solids and sugars, dark chocolate is sold as sweet, semi-sweet, bittersweet, or unsweetened.
- Sweet dark chocolate has 35-45% of cocoa and a high percentage of sugar.
- Semi-sweet dark chocolate is the most popular dark chocolate. The cocoa content between 40-62% appears in chocolate bars and with baking, melting, and dipping.
- Bittersweet dark chocolate has a cocoa content of 60-85% and low sugar content. It has a rich and creamy consistency.
- Unsweetened dark chocolate is used for baking and cooking and contains close to 100% cocoa solids. It has no sugar or milk solids to sweeten it.
This is sweet chocolate with only 10-20% cocoa solids but commonly 12% milk solids. This mixture makes candy bars and chocolate-coated snacks. Some cheaper brands use vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter.
This chocolate has no cocoa solids but uses cocoa butter and additions like vanilla. Culinary expert disputes its classification as chocolate because of the lack of cocoa solids.
This is unsweetened chocolate used for making cookies, cakes, frosting, chocolate-covered almonds, pretzels, fruit, and confectionery. The cocoa content may be as low as 50-58%.